Monday, August 15, 2011

Dear Chad

I'm sure that you are already aware of the fact that your family loves you so very much. I'm also certain that you are looking down on them from your new residency in Heaven, and that you are able to see this for yourself. I had a unique vantage point over the last week. I was actually able to witness an already close-knit family become so much more stronger as they coped with the loss of such a wonderful person in their family. I met a vast amount of people whom you personally impacted with your kind heart and positive nature. It touched my heart to see how much one individual changed the lives of so many. I just thought you should know that.

You should also know that your family loves you, and will continue to do so no matter what. You were (and still are) an integral part in their family system and they are devastated that you are no longer physically here. Hell, I only knew you briefly and I miss the crap out of you! You always made me feel like I was a part of your family, more than anyone. I want to thank you for that. It meant a lot that you made an effort to include me in conversations and to get to know me. The greatest thing you ever did for me was to run up and hug me the first time we met, instantly deeming me part of the family though you had no clue what kind of person I was or if I would be staying around.

Your family...OUR family is in so much pain right now, but they are a strong bunch. Do not fret over their pain; it will become easier to manage as time heals their broken hearts. If you could put in a word to the Big Guy upstairs for me, please ask him to send much love and comfort to all of your beloved family members. They will sorely need it in the times to come.

There will come a time when we will meet again. I am sure of it. Until that day comes, I will always remember how you approached life, with a positive attitude, a selfless demeanor, and a fondness for fun. I will always remember how you loved. Hopefully I can learn something from your wonderful life, and maybe pay it forward as you did. No one can deny that you were an expert at spreading joy. I wish I could do that as well as you could. I may not ever be able to achieve that, but I will try. For you.

I miss you brother. I can't wait to see you in the next life.

Love,

Justin

2 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful! And yes, you're right. I am crying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry I made you cry! The count is up to three...I am not doing my job right!

    ReplyDelete